Well-known and respected for exceptional Substation products, AFL introduces our new line of Swage Bus and Cable Accessories. These products use a compression technology process called "swaging" that enables installation of bus and cable accessories without the need of a welder. These Swage products allow the electric utility to install the accessories faster and more efficiently with lower installation costs over the welding process. The Swage accessories complement AFL’s Substation products which are made for low voltage up to 765 kV applications that involve cable, pipe, flat or tubular bus and integral web connections. With this new line, AFL is your full-line supplier for all types of accessories—welded, bolted and Swage.
We have tested our products to the industry standards and can provide test data as well as several installation videos.
- Swage360® Accessories Catalog
- Swage Tooling and Accessories Quick Reference
- Swage Cable Installation Instructions
- AFL’s Swage Warranty
Swage tools can be found in our Tools and Equipment section.
- No need for certified welders—with simple training, anyone can install
- Faster installation—three times faster than traditional welding process
- All weather—can be installed in inclement weather preventing costly installation shutdowns
- Quality and consistent installation—human error reduced with the unique compression technique
- Permanent connection strength—unlike bolted connections which may require tightening
- Rated for 500 kV application