VHS700 Series Harsh Environment Fibers
- Single-mode waveguide design
- Extremely bend insensitive (20X better than standard SMF)
- 1310 nm and 1550 nm operation
- Available with hermetic carbon coating
- All Verrillon harsh environment polymeric coatings also available
- Downhole in Oil and Gas
- Cabling where stringent excess fiber length (EFL) is required
- Harsh environment applications
- Extreme tight bend conditions
With their optimized optical design, VHS700 fibers are engineered to operate under extremely small bend radii down to 7.5 mm with minimal bend loss at 1550 nm. This low bend loss performance represents more than a 20X improvement over standard single-mode fiber. VHS700’s bend loss exceeds the specifications outlined in the ITU-T G.657.A2 bend loss standard. The ultra-low bend loss provided by VHS700 Series makes it the fiber to use in tight bend applications. It also is designed to be used in cabling applications where there are EFL constraints.
Compatible with standard dual-wavelength single-mode fiber, the VHS700 cutoff is <1290 nm and MFD is similar to standard single-mode fiber. This compatibility makes the fiber easy to splice, with minimal splice loss.
VHS700 is available with polyimide, silicone-PFA, silicone-MTA, MTA and carbon coatings which allow it to withstand high temperatures and hydrogen-containing atmospheres. Carbon coating can be applied to provide hermeticity against water and hydrogen in downhole applications and for fatigue resistance in long-term deployments.
VHS700 is available at prooftest levels of 100 kpsi and 200 kpsi, with other levels available upon request.