AFL Introduces Fujikura 70S Fusion Splicer to North American Market
Spartanburg, SC – AFL introduces the Fujikura 70S fusion splicer, the newest member of the world’s most proven and technologically-advanced family of splicing products from Fujikura, the worldwide leader in fusion splicing. The 70S retains all of the advanced features pioneered by the FSM-60S that made it the leader in the industry, with the 70S offering much faster splicing in the field and new easy-to-use features.
“With this new model, Fujikura has focused improvement in two major areas: speed and reliability. To increase efficiency, both the wind protector and tube heater have been motorized. The tube heater clamps the splice protection sleeve from both sides, resulting in shrink time of an impressive 14 seconds,” commented Greg Pickeral, product manager, fusion splicing systems for AFL.
The Fujikura 70S fusion splicer offers several enhanced features:
- Motorized wind protector and tube heater with the world’s fastest heating times
- Long-life electrodes provide 3,000 splices
- High resolution, 4.73-inch color LCD monitor with 300X fiber magnification for improved visibility in low-light conditions
- Configurable automation allows the user to customize the automated functions
- Powerful Li-ion battery supports 200 splices and heating cycles with each full charge
- World’s first six-direction drop-proof design with fully ruggedized rubber casing
- Dust- and rain-proof design provides superior protection
- Innovative transit case design with detachable, built-in worktable
- Video guides for operation and troubleshooting incorporated into the splicer software
- Short cleave length of 5 mm allows versatility for splice on connectors or small packaging splicing needs
Like all Fujikura products, the 70S is backed by the most knowledgeable and responsive service team in the industry. Fujikura understands that service and support are just as important as excellent engineering. Precision engineering and quality products made Fujikura the leading manufacturer of fusion splicing products, but unparalleled levels of service and support are what made Fujikura the leader in the industry.
The Fujikura 70S is also fully compatible with the FuseConnect line of splice-on connectors. The sheath clamps are easily removed for FuseConnect installations or for use with fiber holders for standard splicing applications.
AFL introduced the Fujikura 12S in January. Later this year, Fujikura will add the 19S, a fixed V-groove single fiber fusion splicer, the 12R fiber ribbon fusion splicer and the 70R four-fiber ribbon splicer.
For more information about AFL and its products and services, visit www.AFLglobal.com.
AFL provides industry-leading products and services to the electric utility, broadband, communications, OEM, enterprise, wireless and transit rail markets as well as the emerging markets of oil and gas, mining, nuclear, avionics, medical, renewable and intelligent grid. The company’s diverse product portfolio includes fiber optic cable, transmission and substation accessories, outside plant equipment, connectors, fusion splicers, test equipment and training. AFL’s service portfolio includes market-leading positions with the foremost communications companies supporting inside plant central office, EF&I, outside plant, enterprise and wireless areas.
Founded in 1984, AFL is proud to offer engineering expertise, exceptional products and reliable service that help our customers improve their critical and electrical infrastructure. AFL has operations in the U.S., Mexico, Europe, Asia and the South Pacific. The company is headquartered in Spartanburg, SC, and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Fujikura Ltd. of Japan. For more information, visit www.AFLglobal.com.
Public Relations Manager