AFL Bundles a Complete Selection of Cleaning Products into One Fiber Optic Cleaning Kit
Spartanburg, SC and Belmont, NH
AFL has bundled several of its cleaning products into one convenient duffle bag carry case to create a complete kit for field cleaning of connector end-faces. Contaminants such as dirt, dust and other particles from the environment can impede signals and cause costly network failures and increase downtime. AFL's cleaning products effectively remove these contaminants and particles for consistent cleaning results every time, saving users time and money.
The basic FCP2 field portable duffle bag cleaning kit is ideal for field use and includes:
- FCC2 Fiber Connector Cleaner–nonflammable, environmentally-safe, residue-free solvent specifically engineered to clean the end-face of connectors.
- One-Click Cleaners–simple push-action cleaning tool for effectively cleaning connectors on jumpers and in adapters.
- FiberWipes™–removes and traps common contaminants found in fiber optic installations and can be used dry or with AFL's FCC2 solvent for wet cleaning.
- Cletop Cassette Cleaner–a rugged palm-size cleaner with anti-static properties that minimizes reattachment of dust to ferrule after cleaning.
- Carry case–convenient duffle bag style with room to add supplementary cleaning supplies, inspection scopes or test equipment.
- MPO/MTP option–basic cleaning kit plus MPO/MTP cleaner.
"Field technicians need a kit with a variety of cleaning tools that can be easily carried in the field," explains Kevin Haddock, product panager of AFL's Test and Inspection Division. "AFL responded to customer requests and combined our cleaning products into one bundled cleaning kit to meet the needs for field installations. Customers can now order the basic cleaning kit, cleaning kit refills or basic kit with MPO/MTP option."
For additional information about AFL and NOYES® test equipment, visit www.AFLglobal.com.
AFL provides industry-leading products and services to the electric utility, broadband, communications, OEM, enterprise, wireless and transit rail markets as well as the emerging markets of oil and gas, mining, nuclear, avionics, medical, renewable and intelligent grid. The company's diverse product portfolio includes fiber optic cable, transmission and substation accessories, outside plant equipment, connectors, fusion splicers, test equipment and training. AFL's service portfolio includes market-leading positions with the foremost communications companies supporting both the central office and outside plant areas.
Founded in 1984, AFL is proud to offer engineering expertise, exceptional products and reliable service that help our customers improve their critical and electrical infrastructure. AFL has operations in the U.S., Mexico, Europe and Asia. The company is headquartered in Spartanburg, SC, and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Fujikura Ltd. of Japan. For more information, visit www.AFLglobal.com.
Tel: 603-528-7780 x194