Armoured CST Stranded Loose Tube Cable
- Folding design reduces shipping cost and storage space footprint - up to 200 units in a single trailer
- High strength to weight ratio
- Flared wall design minimizes frost heave and optimizes internal volume
- ANSI/SCTE 77 Tier 15 rating
- Non-conductive and non-corrosive
- Made in the USA
Corrugated steel tape armoured stranded loose tube cable is ideal for short and long haul backbone applications and can be installed in-duct or direct-buried. The corrugated steel tape improves resistance to rodent attack and provides an additional layer of protection to the inner insect resistant Nylon barrier. Additionally, the corrugated steel tape armour improves cable crush and impact performance. The water blocked, dry cable core stranded design suits point-point and point-multipoint fibre installations where spur cables are spliced from the backbone.
The tubes and fillers are laid around a central strength member, taped and contained within a dry, water blocked cable core which is sheathed with polyethylene (PE), insect resistant nylon, corrugated steel tape armour and outer PE jacket. Surface printing includes length marking at one metre intervals.