Conventional Stranded Loose Tube Cable
- Common Fibre Counts ex-stock- no MOQs or manufacturing lead time
- Insect Resistant Nylon Sheath
- Drycore construction resulting in less mess and time lost for fibre breakout
- Various Sheath Options available (Speak to your AFL Representative)
- Short & Long Haul Backbone Applications
- Underground in conduit
- Underground direct buried
Stranded loose tube cable is ideal for short and long haul backbone applications and can be installed in-duct or direct-buried. The water blocked, dry cable core stranded design suits point-point and point-multipoint fibre installations where spur cables are spliced from the backbone. Whilst the Nylon is UV stabilised, AFL recommends the use of an additional sacrificial black PE sheath where the cable will be directly exposed to UV rays.
The tubes and fillers are laid around a central strength member, taped and contained within a dry, water blocked cable core which is sheathed with polyethylene (PE) and insect resistant nylon jacket. Surface printing includes length marking at one metre intervals.