Quad FRP Axial Loose Tube Cable
- Single tube compact design using less conduit/duct space
- Higher strength than conventional loose tube
- Drycore construction resulting in less mess and time lost for fibre breakout
- Various sheath options available (Speak to your AFL representative)
- Underground in conduit
- Underground direct burial
- Short and long haul backbone applications
Axial loose tube cable can comprise up to 24 optical fibres which are contained in a jelly filled loose tube strengthened with four non-metallic strength members bonded to a polyethylene (PE) sheath and an outer insect resistant Nylon jacket. Surface printing includes length marking at one metre intervals.
Axial loose tube cable is ideal for short and long haul point to point backbone applications. The water blocked, dry cable core design can be installed in-duct or direct-buried. The cable also provides additional tensile strength and crush resistance over conventional stranded and axial cable designs. Whilst the Nylon is UV stabilised, AFL recommends the use of an additional sacrificial black PE sheath where the cable will be directly exposed to UV rays.