LZM-120A+ LAZERMaster® Splicing System
- High resolution motion for precise control during splicing and glass processing operations
- Automatic beam alignment and ablation focusing through new active mirror and focus motors.
- Very clean heat source: No deposits on fiber surface as might occur with filaments or electrode systems
- Provides extremely stable and repeatable operation
- Substantially reduces maintenance and calibration requirements
- Proprietary feedback system ensures heating power stability
- No need for process gas (as required with filament systems) or Vacuum systems
- Class 1 system with redundant automated laser safety features
- Fiber Ablation that can be used for cleaving, shaping, or custom mode stripping
- Splicing and glass processing of 80 ?m to 2.3 mm fibers
- Extensive library of applications which are similar between the LZM and FSM family
- FPS PC GUI provides additional measurement capabilities and glass shaping control
The LZM-120A+ LAZERMaster is a splicing, glass processing system, and fiber ablation machine that uses a CO2 laser heat source to perform splicing, tapering, lensing, ablation (for cleaving and mode stripping) or other glass shaping operations with glass diameters up to 2.3 mm. The high-resolution optical analysis system works in conjunction with on-board firmware for fully automatic splicing, tapering and other glass shaping processes.
High precision glass processing is enabled by the intuitive and user-friendly on-board firmware. Operations may also be performed manually and by PC control. The FPS PC control GUI is supplied with the LZM-120A+ to provide additional features, greater flexibility and finer control. The FPS GUI allows customers to also create proprietary PC control algorithms using a complete set of PC control commands.