OFS300 Optical Microscope
- Laser safety filter installed
- 200x image size
- 2.5 mm Universal Connector Included
- Rugged, hand-held, easy-to-use
- Verify jumper ends are clean prior to connecting to network
- Inspect end-faces for scratches or pits
- Eliminate the most common network fault (bad connectors)
OFS300 Optical Microscope for Fiber Optic Connectors on Patch Cords
Designed for field use, with lab quality optics, the OFS300 inspection scope delivers a high quality end-face image at 200x magnification. Quickly identify scratches, dirt or other problems normally associated with poor network performance.
Fact: A large percentage of network failures are caused by dirty or damaged end-faces on fiber optic connectors. Inspecting jumper end-faces prior to connection is critical to network performance. The OFS300 scope provides a quality optical inspection tool at an affordable price.
Safety: A built-in laser safety filter provides > 40 dB IR protection to reduce risk of injury to the eye if accidentally viewing an active fiber.*
Standard Features Include:
- Universal connector adapter mount accepting a variety of thread-on style adapter caps (ordered separately) to ease inspection of industry standard connector styles.
- 2.5mm Universal Adapter Cap included for viewing FC, SC, ST connectors.
- A momentary power switch located on the top panel keeps one hand free for focusing.
- 60 hours of continuous battery life from standard 2 x AA batteries and features an LED indicator.
- Tri-Pod mount: For stationary work, the tri-pod mount allows the OFS300 to attach to any standard camera tri-pod.
*Always follow your company’s laser safety procedures and never use an optical microscope to view live fiber optic connectors.
- 200x Nominal Magnification
- Built-in Laser Safety Filter
- Universal thread-on adapter mount
- Long battery life with 2xAA alkaline